portfolio1 portfolio2 portfolio3
 portfolio4

Aerial view of Tupton

 

Taylor's Post Office

Opposite the Methodist Church in Wood-Yard, Tupton.

Tupton

Queen Victoria Road, New Tupton.

Tupton War Memorial, outside St. John's Church.

September 1921

 

[History Society/Library/component-nivo-slider-small/nivo-slider-small.htm]
themed object

"Only by understanding our past can we make the right decisions for the future"

get in touch
[History Society/Library/menu-zoom/zoom-menu.htm]

Grade 11 listed buildings in Tupton.

 

Ankerbold, Ankerbold Road, Tupton

Farmhouse. Early 19th Century. Coursed squared sandstone with gritstone dressings and rusticated quoins. Slate roof with stone ridge. Stone coped gables with doorcase under glazed wooden porch. To either side, doubled glazed doors in plain surroundings. Above, three glazing bar sashes in plain surrounds.

 

Egstow Hall Barn and Attached Outbuildings, Brassington Lane, Tupton.

  Egstow Hall

Cruck barn and attached outbuildings. Coursed sandstone rubble. Sandstone dressings and Quions. Slate roofs with stone ridges.                                                            Moulded stone coped gables to west and north. Four bay single storey barn, lower single storey five bay outbuildings. L-plan, barn to south. Steps to stabledoor on east gable Stable door to east of north elevation.                                                           Window and archway to west end with three stable doors and two windows. Garage doors to north. Southern two bays slightly advanced. Interior of barn has three through-putlinstiled open cruck-trusses. Remains of original wallplate to south. Eaves raised. Below triangular openings, three blocked splayedslit windows. Gallert to east.

Egstow Hall, Brassington Lane, Tupton, Derbyshire

Egstow Hall

Egstow Hall in 1973

Credit: DCC Env Services & picturethepast.org.uk

Eqstow Hall  Egstow Hall

The Hall was built in 1671 with minor and restoration. Coursed sandstone rubble. Large gritstone quoins. Sandstone dressings. Continous moulded stringcourses to first and second syories. Slate roofs with stone ridges. Moulded stone copings and kneelers to gables. Stone gable end and ridge stacks. Two bays, T plan, two storeys plus attics. Chamfered quoired doorcase to east, with two lintels, that above with fleur de lys type pattern on raised keystone. To west, 4-light recessed and chamfered mullion window. Similar beyond to west in advanced crosswing. Above, two similar windows. Over door, large plague inscribed 'Built by Archelaus Brailsford June ...Anno Dom 1671'. Above, in western gable, 3-light recessed and chamfered mullion window with srtingcourse over. Plaue in gable above inscribed 'MJH 1969'. West elevation has outline in masonry of former two storey porch. Recessed and chamfered mullion window with hoods either side and above. Gabled stair turret to rear. Interior - newel staircase with original oak boards from first floor upwards. Segmental arched doorcase to ground floor.

Large double corbelled fireplace with decorated lintel to dining room. Similar small fireplace to kitchen.

Barn North of Hagg Hill House, Tupton, Derbyshire

Barn dated to 1693 with later alterations. Coursed sandstone rubble with gritstone dressings and quoins. Slate roof with stone ridge. Moulded stone copings with plain kneelers. Single storey, rectangular plan, six bays. Large segmental headed quoined arch to west gable wall, probably inserted early. To south, various flush doorcases and small windows. Datestone mid way along, near eaves, inscribed 'CFK 1692'.

 Hagg Hill House, Tupton, Derbyshire

Farmhouse built in 1666 with additions added in 1684. Coursed sandstone rubble with gritstone dressings and quoins. Coursed squared gritstone to wing. Slate roofs with leaded ridges. Moulded stone copings and kneelers to gables with ridge finials. Various large stone ridge stacks. Two storeys plus attics, three gabled front with two storey side wings, irregular fenestration. Chamfered flush doorcase with massive quoined surround. Raised and fielded pannelled door. To east 4-light recessed, square sectioned mullion window with metal casements. To west, three similar 2-light windows with similar metal casements. Above, five similar 2-light windows with leaded casements.Blind niche over door. Similar second storey windows to side wings, western one without mullion. Above, in gables, two similar windows to the east. Single light recessed and chamfered window to western gable. Datestone on west gable wall inscribed 'FCK 1684'. To rear, early addition with glazed doors below, small pane window over. To, west of this, swimming pool with Venetian window over. Plaque above, inscribed '1666 FCE'. Directly over Gothic ytacery window in former recessed and chamfered mullion window. Hoodmould over. Interior-two very large arched fireplaces, chamfered beams and pannelled doors. Staircase, small wooden and spiral.


 Pear Tree Farmhouse, Derby Road, Tupton.

This farmhouse was built in 1677 with alterations. Coursed sandstone rubble. Gritstone dressings and quions, slate roof with overhanging eaves. Rendered gable end stacks. Two storeys, two bays. Two 3-light recessed and chamfered mullion windows. Central door removed. Above, two casement windows, in recessed and chamfered surrounds, North gable wall has two recessed and chamfered surrounds single light windows below. Plaque in gable inscribed, 'BAM 1677'.

 

 

 

slide up button