Buildings in tupton
Valerie Roe and her family lived at number 6 Red Tile Row next door to Mrs Molinue who was in number 5.
Thanks to Catherine Moorcroft
The White Hart, Station Road in 1976 (now demolished)
Thanks to David G. Edwards and picturethepast.org.uk.
The White Hart - 1988
Taken from the same view- 2020
Thanks to Paul Elliott
Tupton Youth Club.
Tupton Youth Club in Nethermoor Road (behind the Methodist Church) in 1987 before renovation. First Tupton Brownies begun by Marjorie Ellis, Brown Owl and Mrs Slack, Tawny Owl, met here, as did First Tupton Guides, captained by Hilary Hinchcliffe, Lieutenant, Stephanie Hinchcliffe. Scouts and Clubs also met here and the Methodist Church used it for anniversaries.
Thanks to S. D. Featherson. Text: Pam Winmdley & picturethepast.org.uk.
Thanks to J. W. Potter's photo along with Joan Williams.
This cafe was originally a shop which was built by George Stephenson the train designer for those working on the railway line which goes through Tupton.
Whitehouse Farm around 1955 with the opencast going on in the field operated by a Howie? Elvin? nbsp;
Thanks to John Stamp and Pam Windley
This was the home of the Elvin's / Prices.
Built it is thought in 1920' s early 30's ? and demolished in 2003. It stood a little higher up on the opposite side of the road to where the Post Office is now on Nethermoor Road.
Thanks to Margaret Kempa.